A new invention is announced every other day. Doesn’t that mean there’s nothing new under God’s sky? Actually, it’s not true.
It is usually down to evaluating a person’s talent when a company hires someone. Does this person possess a particular skill set? Can they work well with the existing teams? The list goes on.
It is generally accepted that talent is a combination of the skills of a person (read their experience) as well as their potential (read their aptitude and attitude).
Almost always, skill overpowers high potential among these. It’s not because companies are inconsiderate towards students, it’s probably because they want to hire for skill to speed up their growth, and maybe even minimize or avoid the investment in upskilling.
In our opinion, hiring a grad student right out of college does not make sense. Is it the right thing to focus solely on skills at the expense of potential?
Many companies ignore the fact that they’re losing out on a fresh perspective and their connection with youth when they don’t hire young people fresh out of college.
A person’s life and career are shaped largely by their potential, not by their experience. When you hire people with potential, but no experience, you are essentially shaping their future.
Your employees become ambassadors of your company’s worklife, taking on your culture, ethics, and practices.
In addition, hiring fresh talent can also bring you new perspectives. Sometimes, this can lead to discoveries you might have missed otherwise.
As a result, we reached out to the young talent in our city and hired them. We conduct interviews on campus or host college students in our office. We then put all applicants through a writing, technical, and interview process.
How does this process teach us something?
The first round of our application process involves engaging 200 – 250 students. They write a quiz, selecting the answers that make the most sense in their minds. Students are challenged in different areas to determine how well they communicate their talents.
We are a 20-year-old software company, so it made sense for us to put students through technical challenges in the second round. Hands-on use-cases were used to judge applicants’ skills and ability.
3. A resource that goes beyond the basics:
I love talking to a student face-to-face, and getting to understand him or her better. In order to succeed over the years, Revinfotech has established a culture based on certain values, which we strongly believe should be respected and cared for by the person we hire.
You’ve hired the best fresh talent for your company when you combine paperwork and tech talk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our testing processes place a high priority on data security. To ensure the security of sensitive information, we adhere to a number of protocols, including the anonymization, encryption, and control of access to data. During testing, we use secure environments and data that mimic real-world scenarios without exposing sensitive information. We adhere to best practices for data protection and comply with industry standards and regulations including GDPR and HIPAA. As part of our security testing process, we employ a variety of tools and methodologies to identify and rectify security vulnerabilities.
To ensure the quality and reliability of your software solutions, we employ a comprehensive range of testing methodologies and cutting-edge tools. Our testing approach includes:
- Manual Testing: We use structured test cases to identify usability, functionality, and design issues.
- Automated Testing: Automated testing streamlines processes, improves efficiency, and ensures consistency.
- Unit Testing: JUnit, NUnit, and PyUnit are unit testing frameworks we use to validate the functionality of code units.
- Integration Testing: We verify the seamless interaction of various system components using tools such as Selenium, Appium, and Postman.
- Performance Testing: To assess system responsiveness and scalability, we employ tools like JMeter, LoadRunner, and Gatling.
- Security Testing: Our security testing includes vulnerability assessments and penetration testing using tools like OWASP ZAP and Nessus.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT): We collaborate closely with your team to ensure that the software aligns with your end-users’ expectations.
You can count on us to improve the visibility of your website on search engines by using our SEO services. On-page and technical SEO best practices are implemented by our team, content is optimized, and search engine optimization strategies are provided to improve the search engine rankings of your website.
We adhere rigorously to project timelines and deadlines at our software development company. To ensure on-time delivery, we use meticulous project management, agile methodologies, and clear communication. Depending on the scope, complexity, and your specific requirements, we conduct a comprehensive analysis and planning phase. Our project managers then track progress continuously using agile frameworks. We maintain regular status updates and transparent communication channels. Whenever changes need to be made, we let you know promptly while keeping you updated.
Our company offers a wide range of development services, including:
- Web Development: We specialize in creating custom websites, web applications, e-commerce platforms, and content management systems.
- Mobile App Development: We develop mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms, from concept to deployment.
- Software Development: Our software development services cover desktop applications, business software, and cloud-based solutions.
- Blockchain Development: We have expertise in blockchain technology, including smart contract development and decentralized application (DApp) creation.
- IoT Development: Our Internet of Things (IoT) development services encompass connecting physical devices to the digital world.
Saloni, a skilled software tester with a passion for ensuring top-notch quality in every project. With a keen eye for detail, Saloni excels in crafting and executing comprehensive test plans. Her commitment to delivering bug-free software is evident ... read more