We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
- Study product samples
- Communicate with product designers and developers to understand product details
- Analyze and manage existing and potential content
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Make high-quality documentation that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- 1+ years of experience in technical writing software documentation
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Professional Writing or Creative Writing is a big plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine the content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.