Mobile app development is one of the most useful gifts the modern society has offered, and its evolution has definitely changed the marketing scenario forever. The industry has flourished over the years, matching the stature of numerous reputed markets.
The industry even added to the epic rivalry of Android vs. iPhone with both OSs launching one app after another to get a lead. Mobile applications have helped multiple brands stay relevant and garner a worldwide consumer base. Both the platforms are equally viable in 2020, so there is no point in leaving one out.
This is where cross-platform application development comes in, saving valuable resources for the developers. Moreover, a business that does not wish to risk its presence prefers cross-platform apps. If you are in the mobile app development market, then you must be familiar with the cross-platform.
Any rational individual concerned with the market must have wondered about the future of cross-platform frameworks. Here is how it looks like in 2020:
Mobile Application Development in 2020
The application development industry has been aided a great deal by IoT (internet of things.) With IoT, you can seize a considerable amount of data for optimizing and integrating several purposes.
Many factors that affect the market are mobile usage, smartphone penetration, IoT’s market growth, eCommerce market, and social media channels.
The market currently experiences a 16% growth rate in the mobile application development industry. It is North America, which is dominating the market with the largest global market share. The iOS industry seems to be offering the highest amount of market penetration, with ventures growing quickly and steadily.
The CAGR department is the Asia-Pacific industry that takes the cake with the highest smartphone usage and adoption. The worldwide mobile application industry reached 106 billion dollars in 2018, and the numbers are expected to grow 4x by 2026.
The market is undoubtedly surging, evident by some facts mentioned below:
- Android racked a 47% market share in 2011, which has surged to a total of 70% now.
- Over 60% of the global digital traffic takes place from mobile applications.
- Almost 80% of the time, people use their phones; they are using a mobile application.
- A user generally spends 3 seconds on a page before leaving.
- Over 40% of the upcoming apps are hybrid.
The stats show the relevance of mobile applications and the nature of upcoming competition in the industry. Although sticking to a single platform is a viable idea in 2020, the future will definitely require businesses to expand on multiple platforms.
Why Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development is the Key?
The mobile industry is continuously growing, so opting for a 100% native iOS or Android approach is bound to fail. Plus, the task of making different yet identical apps for two platforms seems like an unnecessary hassle.
Cross-platform mobile app development brides the gap between the platforms and proposes the ideal solution. With the help of 3rd party development kits, the cross-platform development prepares compatible applications.
The below-mentioned information will help you make an educated decision:
- A cross-platform saves valuable time for you. Its codes are re-designable, reusable, and its database is adjustable as well.
- The approach is ideal for large businesses as having two applications for different platforms only increases your overheads.
- You can rest assured about your UX and UI as cross-platform development ensures the usability remains uniform throughout the platforms.
Top Benefits of Cross-Platform App Development
Numerous reasons point towards how cross-platform is relevant now as well. Here are some of them:
Hybrid application development provides reusable codes, saving you from the hassles of hiring different app developers for separate applications.
Cross-platform app development saves time as its UI can be integrated into two platforms at the same time.
When you use the same codes for both platforms, then the sense of consistency is maintained and provides a uniform UX.
After the development wraps up, the applications can be easily stored in their respective app stores.
Cloud incorporation is simple with hybrid applications as you can use industry-plugins for offering universal compatibility.
Reduced Technical Hurdles
The learning curve for native apps is large, whereas hybrid apps are simple-to-use and develop.
Saves Marketing Cost
Hybrid apps save marketing costs as now you only have to promote one application for both platforms.
Hybrid apps are not only relevant but in demand as well. The market is witnessing a surge in mobile apps’ usage, which will eventually change the industry Meta. Cross-platform applications are the ideal solution of our modern needs as they help facilitate ease-of-use and cuts down on several unnecessary overheads.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose a trustworthy app development company?Here are a few things to remember to choose a reliable mobile app development partner:
- Choose a partner that cares about its clients.
- Never compromise on technology experience and domain expertise.
- Check out your development partners’ portfolios, customer testimonials, and references.
- Observe how they approach communication and how much they pay attention to your vision.
- Ask the right questions to help you choose easily.
Why is India preferred for app development outsourcing worldwide?Here are a few reasons why India is one of the preferred outsourcing destinations:
- The average outsourcing charges in India are $18 – $40, which is way more affordable than in developed countries like the USA, $38 – $63.
- India has a large pool of native-English speakers who’re highly proficient in their work.
- With an Indian outsourcing partner, you can access 24×7 support and specialized IT talent.
How much time does it take to develop an app?Depending on the complexity of a mobile app, it can take several weeks to several months to develop it. An app like Uber takes around 1200 hours to develop. On the other hand, a dating app like Tinder can be developed in 1000 hours.
Freelancers vs. app development company – which one is better?Pricing-wise, freelancers appear to be more affordable. However, they offer no accountability for your mobile app. You can’t hold them accountable if the app doesn’t turn out to be as expected. On the other hand, an app development agency takes complete responsibility for your mobile app. Hence, an app development agency is better than a freelancer.
Do you have an exciting mobile app idea in mind?
We can help you build a mobile app on an affordable budget. Contact us!