Best 10 Payment Gateways for Assured eCommerce Success
Digital payments and transactions have become a norm in the modern society. The use of hard cash is becoming less frequent with time as the dawn of digitization is upon us. Online payments offer convenience like nothing else, and nowadays it has become more about offering the best user experience.
Technology has revolutionized several industries, but the eCommerce is undoubtedly the most affected one. Imagining the eCommerce industry without the option of online payment is tough. However, the sheer availability of this function does not make it reliable. It is the security and reliability facet that adds to its exquisiteness.
Although the web is filled with different payment gateways, some of them truly stand out from the rest. Here are the top 10 payment gateways you can add in your eCommerce platform.
What is a Payment Gateway for eCommerce?
You can define payment gateways as software enabling a secure digital transaction by transferring the payment info from the site to the parent network for payment procession. The details are then returned, responding from the network to the site.
Even though you see an online transaction wrapping up in mere seconds, a plethora of activities happen within that time.
How does an eCommerce Payment Gateway Works?
Payment gateways usually follow the PCI compliance measures for preventing any malicious activity. This how the process goes:
- The first step of the process is when an order is placed on the platform and the payment information are filled.
- The browser then encodes that data between the merchant’s website servers.
- Now, the payment gateway shares the data with the payment processor of the merchant’s bank.
- After this, the consumer’s bank receives the request for approving or denying the request.
- Now, the consumer now receives their confirmation code via their preferred way.
- After receiving the necessary pin, the gateway allows the site to facilitate the transaction.
- The clearing transaction gets triggered after the merchant wraps up the transaction.
- Now the issuer bank modifies auth-hold to debit, allowing the settlement with merchant’s bank.
Best Payment Gateways for eCommerce Stores
Here is a comprehensive list of the top payment gateways for eCommerce stores:
Braintree currently holds the first position on the list of best payment gateways. Numerous capitalists and investors have helped Braintree in coding and specifically setting onto an online site.
With PayPal backing it up, the platform offers unbeatable checkout experience, helping them get a memorable visit.
- Processing Fee of Braintree: A 2.9% of standard fee + .30 dollars on every transaction.
- Top Brands Utilizing Braintree: Dropbox, Uber, Yelp, and GitHub.
Benefits of Braintree
- Expected flat rate for pricing
- Multiple integrations available
- Multiple currency acceptable
Disadvantages of Braintree
- Requires developer resources
- No offline or online integrated solution
- Account setup is time-consuming
You can call PayU one of the best Indian payment corporations. It is also one of the best and easiest payment gateway providers. It possesses simple acceptance and rates of conversion with multiple payment methods.
The option of refilling the information saves users from re-entering every detail multiple times. It can even submit OTPs on your behalf while also packing the highest DSS and PCI standards.
- Processing Fee of PayU: 2.9 % with added .30 dollar every transaction
- Best Brands Utilizing PayU: Airbnb, Book My Show, and Netflix.
Benefits of PayU
- Securely saves data
- Goes live and accepts payments within 5 minutes
Disadvantages of PayU
- Experiences crashes
- Business model changes frequently
Besides being a top-rated eCommerce platform, Amazon also offers top-notch payment gateway services. The service can be availed by both consumers and merchants.
You merely need to login to use the service over mobile or web browser. It supports multiple languages and currencies for helping an international audience.
- Processing Fee of Amazon Payments: 2.9 % for a domestic transaction + .30 dollar every transaction. International fee accounts to 3.9 %.
- Top Brands Utilizing Amazon Payments: MVMT Watches, Rothys, and Lootcrate
Advantages of Amazon Payments
- No extra charge for A-to-Z guarantee
- Easy customization
Disadvantages of Amazon Payments
- Costly for a high-volume merchant
- Cannot be used in ventures using one processor for handling both online and in-person transactions
Authorize.Net is one of the oldest and most popular payment gateways in 2020. Over 400,000 merchants trust the platform while its market mainly resides in the US. You can setup different accounts for controlling every user’s access.
- Processing Fee of Authorize.Net: 2.9 % on standard transactions with .30 dollars on all-in-one payment
Advantages of Authorize.Net
- Multiple currency support
- Powerful security
- No contracts for long-terms
Disadvantages of Authorize.Net
- High flat rate pricing
- The option of all-in-one can be confusing
PayPal is definitely one of the best payment gateways as it is also free for customers. Merchants have to incur some transaction fee for using PayPal.
With PayPal, the check-out procedure can be entirely customized. It even accepts credit cards through mail, phone, and fax.
- Processing Fee of PayPal: 2.9 % for every transaction and no additional fee
- Best Brands Utilizing PayPal: Disney, Etsy, ASOS, and Adidas
Benefits of Using PayPal
- Best for a low-volume merchant
- Expected flat rate pricing
- A system of all-in-one payment
Disadvantages of PayPal
- Unsuited for high-risk sectors
- Inconsistency in the customer support
Both consumers and businesses can avail of Skrill as a payment gateway. It supports international transactions and also has a mobile application. You can also receive a prepaid card for pulling assets back or buying products.
- Processing Fee of Skrill: 1.9 %
Advantages of Skrill
- Facilitates built-in payments
- Hosted page for payments
- Incorporates with 3rd party shopping carts
Disadvantages of Skrill
- Conversion fee is expensive
- Stability issues with the account
2CheckOut is one of the quickest payment gateways with top-notch qualities. The US-based gateway allows a global reach with 15 languages and 87 currencies support. With a customizable checkout interface, you can perform everything in fashion.
- Processing Fee of 2CheckOut: 2.9 % with .30 dollars for a domestic transaction
- Best Brands Utilizing 2CheckOut: myFICO, Advisera, and Bitdefender
Advantages of 2CheckOut
- Vast document resources helps in personalization
- Best for an international merchant
- Impeccable advertising and website
Disadvantages of 2CheckOut
- Unsuited for a card-present merchant
- Non-ideal for a high-risk merchant
Stripe is also amidst the best payment gateways providing top payment processing services to the merchants. Their competent API caters towards the eCommerce industry and a non-developer user as well.
- Processing Fee of Stripe: 2.9 % with an added .30 dollars for every domestic transaction
- Best Brands Utilizing Stripe: GitHub, Spotify, Shopify, and Slack
Advantages of Stripe
- Extensive document resources are ideal for customization
- Good for an international merchant
- Top-north advertising and website
Disadvantages of Stripe
- Unsuitable for high-risk sectors
- Consistency issues with accounts
As one of the best payment gateways, Orangepay is renowned for its competency to handle difficult tasks. With an inclusion of 3D security and SSL encryption, you can rest assured about the security. The platform houses world-class UX and has also been rewarded for it.
Advantages of Orangepay
- Control for chargeback
- Anti DDoS
- Virtual Account Reopening
Disadvantages of Orangepay
- Unsuited for a high-risk sector
- Inconsistency in the customer support
The platform is dedicated to retailers and merchants. You can also utilize it for making mobile or desktop apps for gaming, SaaS, and invoicing. The platform is also renowned for the subscription billing engine as it allows users proceed without putting debit/credit card details.
- Processing Fee of BlueSnap: 3.9 % with an added .30 dollars for a domestic transaction
- Best Brands Utilizing BlueSnap: Autodesk, Cakemail, Semrush, and Vodafone
Advantages of BlueSnap
- No initial termination fee with monthly contracts
- Featured payment gateway
Disadvantages of BlueSnap
- Expensive flat rate pricing
- High merchant fee
Calling payment gateways B2B’s future won’t be a lie. The service is the core of an eCommerce store and the blog has mentioned some vital info about it. The blog has also mentioned the list of best payment gateways. Go through the list and equip your business with the best payment gateways. You can contact EIY SYS for making an efficient and fully-featured eCommerce store.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose a trustworthy app development company?Here are a few things to remember to choose a reliable mobile app development partner:
- Choose a partner that cares about its clients.
- Never compromise on technology experience and domain expertise.
- Check out your development partners’ portfolios, customer testimonials, and references.
- Observe how they approach communication and how much they pay attention to your vision.
- Ask the right questions to help you choose easily.
Why is India preferred for app development outsourcing worldwide?Here are a few reasons why India is one of the preferred outsourcing destinations:
- The average outsourcing charges in India are $18 – $40, which is way more affordable than in developed countries like the USA, $38 – $63.
- India has a large pool of native-English speakers who’re highly proficient in their work.
- With an Indian outsourcing partner, you can access 24×7 support and specialized IT talent.
How much time does it take to develop an app?Depending on the complexity of a mobile app, it can take several weeks to several months to develop it. An app like Uber takes around 1200 hours to develop. On the other hand, a dating app like Tinder can be developed in 1000 hours.
Freelancers vs. app development company – which one is better?Pricing-wise, freelancers appear to be more affordable. However, they offer no accountability for your mobile app. You can’t hold them accountable if the app doesn’t turn out to be as expected. On the other hand, an app development agency takes complete responsibility for your mobile app. Hence, an app development agency is better than a freelancer.
Do you have an exciting mobile app idea in mind?
We can help you build a mobile app on an affordable budget. Contact us!