Are you searching for the best cryptocurrency gateways? Well, you have come to the right place.
The never-ending popularity of cryptocurrencies started with the emergence of Bitcoin that changed the way people view digital assets. Since Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla has tweeted “You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin”, crypto enthusiasts started wondering about the best ways to send over those valuable coins for purchase. Here comes Cryptocurrency payment gateways in the picture.
If you are a crypto enthusiast, you must know how incredibly volatile the cryptocurrency market is. The price of bitcoin fell 45% in December 2017, from $20,000 down to just below $6,000. But Bitcoin’s price has been on a bull for quite some time now. 2023 has seen its higher value than ever which proves it responsible for approximately 69% of the total market value.
What is a Crypto Payment Gateway?
A crypto payment gateway allows merchants to accept transactions in cryptocurrencies. These days, most payment processors promote the purchase and sale of many cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and more. Payment processors facilitate the immediate transfer of cryptocurrencies into fiat currency. They allow merchants to automate these payments and provide a host of other tools and reports to help make the whole process as comfortable as possible.
Crypto payment gateways ensure quick and secure processing of transactions. Rather than focusing on the challenges of starting to accept crypto payments, more merchants are inspired by the ongoing crypto hype and are looking to incorporate a viable crypto gateway.
Benefits of a Crypto Payment Gateway
- Instant crypto-to-fiat exchange
- Provide the most efficient and advanced technology
- Provide our full attention and fast service
- Remain fully transparent
- Easy setup, lower transaction fees, and customer privacy
- PoS (Point-of-Sale) terminal for fast and simple in-person transactions
- Integration with our other solutions to drive user adoption
- Any other custom-tailored solution according to your needs
How does a Crypto payment gateway work?
Well, there are no hard and fast rules to be followed while using a Crypto payment gateway. It works the same as the traditional payment gateways. The only major difference is that Crypto payment gateways only use digital wallets and do not entertain any type of credit cards. The crypto wallets can be either single or multi-currency wallets. Crypto payments can be processed rapidly which is a plus point. All in all, the role of the crypto payment gateway is to process the necessary information of the merchants and users who are facilitating crypto payments on the platform.
Here is the working process of the crypto payment gateway.
- When the user taps the Place the Order button at the checkout. Then immediately the web browser or application encrypts the payment details. Also, communicate the crypto payment details to the merchant’s web server through an SSL connection.
- Once the merchant gets the user’s crypto payment details, the merchant transfers details to the owner or admin of the platform with an encrypted SSL.
- The admin or owner of the crypto payment gateway platform further transfers the details to the payment processor.
- Then the payment processor receives a request and sends an acknowledgement code. That acknowledgement code has all the required information about the transaction status.
- Then the cryptocurrency payment processor sends the acknowledgement code to the gateway. From there it is forwarded to the website or the app.
- Finally, the website or app shows the information to the user like payment is completed.
This is how the crypto payment gateway operates in the real world.
Interesting Features of Crypto Payment Gateway Development
Needless to say, features will play an essential part to build and launch a successful crypto payment gateway for your business. Here is the list of all the important features that you can get in the best crypto payment gateway development service.
- Home Page
- User Sign-in/ Sign-up
- My Profile
- My Wallet with Deposit and Withdraw Functionality
- Deposit & Withdraw History
- Support Ticket Submission
- Transaction History
- Merchant Tools
- Button Maker and Examples
- HTML Post Fields
- IPN and IPN History
- API Key Generation
- Account Settings
- Admin Sign-in
- Admin Dashboard
- View Users
- View User Deposit/Withdraw History
- Merchant Payment History
- Commission Settings
- Merchant Details
- Merchant API Category
- Security Settings
- Content Management System
- Support System
By enabling these features, you can develop a secure and powerful crypto payment gateway. Also, you can draw the attention of multiple global crypto enthusiasts and merchants easily.
Top 10 Payment Gateways for Cryptocurrency
Initiated in 2014, CoinGate is an old and most trusted crypto processing gateway. In 2018, the company became one of the first crypto infrastructure services to incorporate the Lightning Network, a solution for the crypto network scaling problem. It helped to increase transaction volume.
Coingate has a user-friendly app that enables merchants to set up and monitor payments from their smartphones. The bonus point is that it supports more than 40 cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ripple, Ethereum, and more.
Also, Coingate provides you with a range of diverse plugins and even allows for the creation of crypto payment buttons on any website. Coingate charges a 1% fee on all transactions, which usually take about 1 hour.
- Shape swift integration that supports various cryptocurrencies
- Plugins for E-commerce platforms
- Multi-user facility
- Real-time integration with e-commerce
- POS applications for various platforms like Android, IOS, and windows.
CoinPayments is one of the top crypto payment gateways because of an extensive list of supported cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, and more. This payment gateway is largely for merchants.
CoinPayments has one of the most inexpensive commissions for crypto processing, this being one of its competitive benefits. The merchants who are using the gateway are charged only 0.50% as a transaction fee.
An interesting feature of CoinPayments is the airdrop of its CPS crypto coin. It lets all users benefit by having a 50% discount on some parameters such as hosting fees, transaction fees, and rebates on online withdrawal fees. Also, it has its mobile version of the application for both Android and IOS which helps users accept payments easily from anywhere at any time.
- Allows to accept 1200+ cryptocurrencies for 0.5%
- Airdrops of new crypto coins and tokens
- Supports GAP600 to perform instant crypto payments
- Provides plugins for all the popular web carts
- Auto coin conversion
- Multi coin wallet
NOWPayments is a non-custodial crypto payment gateway that lets you accept payments in 75+ cryptocurrencies with auto coin conversion available. Regardless of what crypto customers pay with, merchants can choose to accept the coins they prefer – NOWPayments convert them automatically. NOWPayments provides merchants with a variety of tools such as API, invoices, widget, buttons, as well as plugins for WooCommerce, ZenCart, PrestaShop, Opencart, WHMCS, Magento 2 and others. It is non-custodial which means that all your payments will be instantly transferred to your own wallet that only you can have access to.
- Auto coin conversion
- Off-ramp and on-ramp options
- Mass Payments (send payments to as many wallets as you want at once in a single API call)
- Customized crypto payment solutions
- Affiliate program
Launched in 2011, Bitpay is a US-based crypto payment gateway that is considered one of the best and simple payment gateway processors in the market. It is an open-source crypto wallet that allows you to do crypto transactions globally with premium security. It accepts multiple cryptocurrencies and also allows you to convert your BTC into USD by supporting immediate withdrawals.
It is one of the secure and fast crypto payment gateways for both the mobile and the web. This payment gateway charges 1% of transaction fees.
- Open-source plugins for e-commerce platforms
- Permits bank deposits across 38 countries
- Multilingual and Supports more than 40+ languages
- Compatible with all cryptocurrency wallets
- Multi-user facility
- Two-factor authentication for protecting user’s funds.
- Transaction notification through both the email and messages
- Simple and user-friendly interface
5. Shopify Gateway
Shopify is one of the world’s most trusted and best gateways used for the transaction of cryptocurrencies. It is a high quality and secure payment gateway that we have in the crypto market today. The user-friendly interface not only provides a secure transaction but also accepts crypto payment from anywhere at any time. Shopify is packed with a lot of good features, including APIs that allow integrations with Coinbase and other payment gateways that help make payment processing as easy and transparent as possible.
The only drawback with Shopify is that merchants are asked to register in Shopify to start an account and then only they can access the payment gateway. Transaction fees differ depending on which payment processor a merchant uses.
- Low transaction fees
- Fast and hassle-free transfer of payments
- No PCI compliance is required
- Can be used in tabs, Pc’s, and mobiles
GoURL works with all the major cryptocurrency wallets and offers a high degree of anonymity, something which is fascinating to many crypto users. It offers clear payment breakdowns that make managing orders really easy. The payment transaction will be completed within 30 seconds. It doesn’t offer direct bank transfers and charges high transaction fees when compared to other platforms. GoURL charges a 1.5% fee on all payments made through a website and 3.5% for using Monetiser Online.
- A crypto wallet is 100% free
- Earn through site registration
- You can earn through affiliate programs
- No need of linking id or bank account
Coinbase is one of the largest and most popular US-based Crypto payment gateways. With such a vast number of users, Coinbase has the resources to create some unusual features to help make life smoother for its users. Having all the high-end security systems, Coinbase serves as both the crypto exchange and a crypto payment gateway. Coinbase payment gateway operates only in a limited number of countries worldwide. It facilitates instant currency conversion from crypto into fiat currency without the necessity for the merchant to have to ask for a withdrawal. The exchange gives this service free on the first $1 million of transactions, after which it charges 1% of transaction fees.
- No transaction fees
- Integrated with API.
- Email invoice to request payments
- On-the-spot trading and crypto payments
CoinsBank is a user-friendly Crypto payment gateway that has a good reputation in the industry. It supports most of the major fiat currencies including USD, GBP, and EUR. It can be easily used on both Android and iOS devices. A bonus is that CoinsBank provides 24/7 free transfer of currency to family and friends. You can make payments with a one-click.
The platform offers two-factor authentication security for your wallet.
- Supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies
- 24/7 customer support
- Quick deposit and withdrawal options
- Two-factor authentication security
- Secure trade of funds as per the market price
Undeniably, AlfaCoin is one of the trusted payment gateways for cryptocurrency. It is supported by popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, and more. It has a unique feature of offering payments to be split between fiat and cryptocurrency. Though AlfaCoins has a slightly lower transaction fee of 0.99%, it doesn‘t offer the $1 million worth of free transactions that Coinbase does. Also, the subscription is completely free. A further bonus is that this crypto payment gateway can be used in any country except Iran and North Korea. It allows you to withdraw in USD or EUR.
- Supports multiple cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, and more.
- Easy payments and transfer of funds
- Earn money through their additional service
- You can exchange crypto into USD and EUR
SpicePay is one of the ideal crypto payment gateways that enable merchants to withdraw their cryptocurrency payments via PayPal and even debit cards along with the standard bank transfer. Here you can exchange your cryptocurrencies to USD, EUR, or GAD depending on your preference. Though new merchants get free transactions for a limited amount of time, SpicePay charges a flat rate of 1% of transaction fees.
If your business relies massively on PayPal then it is a highly recommended platform for you.
- Secure and instant crypto payment
- Withdraw funds through wire transfer. Such as PayPal or SEPA
- You can save up to 2% on every transaction
There are many crypto payment gateways but I have mentioned the best ones of 2021. I hope I have been able to answer all your questions related to Crypto payment gateways through this blog. Simply go through the list and choose the most suitable one for your transactions.
- Web Design
Frequently Asked Questions
- Choose a partner that cares about its clients.
- Never compromise on technology experience and domain expertise.
- Check out your development partners’ portfolios, customer testimonials, and references.
- Observe how they approach communication and how much they pay attention to your vision.
- Ask the right questions to help you choose easily.
- The average outsourcing charges in India are $18 – $40, which is way more affordable than in developed countries like the USA, $38 – $63.
- India has a large pool of native-English speakers who’re highly proficient in their work.
- With an Indian outsourcing partner, you can access 24×7 support and specialized IT talent.