We are looking for Solutions Architect who will be responsible for designing or modifying systems architecture to meet certain business needs. As a Solutions Architect you will test, integrate, and program software systems to ensure that specific business issues are solved. You should also be able to timely update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects. An exceptional Solution Architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Collaborating with domain architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
- Foothold the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience related to IT Management or other Information Technology Solutions Architecture role.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs.
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment.
- Expertise with personal computers in a secure network environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail regarding accounting skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills.
- Technically creative and open-minded.