The Head of Strategic Finance will be liable for setting the vision, building and managing the Strategic Finance team. The perfect candidate will have an investment banking and/or growth-investing background enlisted with extensive work experience at scaling technology businesses and very strong quantitative and analytical skills and provide a balanced combination of professional investment management and personalized financial planning to the organization. As Head of Finance you are expected to administer all financial tasks of the company and ensure that the capital and resources are used beneficially. You are required to create forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Develop data-driven investment theses, business cases, and evaluation criteria for growth and efficiency-oriented initiatives
- Provide strategic financial leadership by working closely with internal departments in developing budgets, providing variance analysis, and assisting in expense planning and cost control.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Investor Relations to assist in earnings preparation, benchmarking and supporting communications and messaging with investors
- Coordinate across the team, working closely with department leads, to produce rolling Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function that can keep up with and stay ahead of our rapid growth.
- Managing the improvement of corporate and service performance by ensuring that resources are targeted on business priorities and meeting customer needs.
- Responsible for resilient business continuity arrangements and robust response and recovery arrangements in the event of emergencies and critical incidents locally.
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows.
- Conduct profit and cost analyses.
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information.
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field.
- Certificate of qualifications, which may include FCA, CII, DipFA, CISI, FINRA Series 7 and 63 Securities Registration.
- Expertise on consolidated financial reporting, tax and compliance matters.
- Knowledge of securities, insurance, and mutual fund industries.
- Personal integrity and ability to keep client and company confidences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.